1) Background: Lumot Lake
Lumot Lake, also known as Sierra Lake, is a man-made water reservoir located in the towns of Cavinti and Lumban of Laguna province, in the Sierra Madre Mountains of the Philippines. The lake was created when Lumot Dam, an embankment dam, was constructed damming the Lumot River, creating an auxiliary water reservoir for Lake Caliraya as part of the Kalayaan Pumped-Storage Hydroelectric Plant. Lumot Lake is less developed that the bigger Lake Caliraya but both lakes are popular spots for water sports and largemouth bass fishing.
2) Sierra Lake House
If you’re seeking a peaceful summer escape, look no further. Sierra Lake House is only 3 hours away from Manila, great for families, reunions and small team buildings offering calm waters and great outdoor recreation.
The house has bedrooms, kitchen (fully equipped), dinning area and a spacious living room and common areas.
We are offering two bedrooms and a common area in the attic of the house (good for 14 person), which has splendid views of the Lake Lumot. First room has 3 double bed mattress, the second room has 1 double bed and a common area that can accomodate 2 to 3 double bed matresses. If needed, we can also provide extra mattresses at the ground floor (there is room for extra beds as well)
Weekend Price: ₱7000/ night (14 guest)
Weekday Price: ₱5000/ night (14 guest)
Extra people: ₱350 / night after the first 14 guest with extra mattress and bed linens
– Price above includes boat transfer (arrival and departure only) and use of generator from 6 PM to 12 MN.
– Extra boat trips to the mainland/barangay cost PhP150;
– Overnight parking at the Brgy. Lumot Port and guarded parking lot is P50/night
Free use for guest
– Floating diving board platform
– Life vest
– Kayak tandem – Php350 half day
– Stand up paddle board – Php 350 half day
– Inflatable boats
– The island isn’t connected to the grid, we only use a generator from 6pm to 12mn, but if you’d like to have it on all day, additional Php75 per hour and please let us know in advance as we need to stock up on gasoline.
– We also only allow up to 6 extra hours of electricity so as not to overtax the generator.
7) Check In
1pm to 11am next day
8) How to get there
From the Brgy Lumot Port, you can only reach our place by a ten-minute boat ride.
Lumot Lake is located in Cavinti – a town situated in Sierra Madre mountain range is 3 hours away from Manila.
1. Board a Sta Cruz bound bus from cubao or buendia. Fare is Php132.00 from buendia. and vice-versa
2. hop in Pagsawitan, Sta Cruz. Then wait for jeepney bound to Lumot.(Just tell to conductor to drop you in Lumot lake.
By Private Car
The easiest way to reach Cavinti is to drive south via SLEX, then exit at Calamba, turn left and continue drive via Los Banos, Santa Cruz and proceed to Pagsanjan. At the junction in Pagsanjan, the town center of Cavinti is only 16 kilometers to the right theb just ask directions to Brgy. Lumot Port.
We can send you more detailed directions upon reservation and confirmation.
” Its truly inspiring experience going to this quiet place in Cavinti Laguna, If you want to get unwind or want to relax just go here” You can see the beauty of nature, the lake, greenfield, animals , the house and the surroundings. I will go back here promise.”